Friday, April 3, 2009

Matthew's 4 year check

We had Matthew's 4 year check yesterday. As part of the physical they give us the "Denver test." This is a developmental questionairre. Can your child do this or that type of thing. One of the things I was to do was ask Matthew a few questions and write down his response. It went like this... What is a chair used for? "Sitting!!" What is a pencil used for? "Drawing!!" What is a cup? "I peed in a cup!" This is a true statement. Something he found a little strange. I hope the doctor or nurse who reads that ressponse has a good chuckle. I know I did.

Matthew is growing by leaps and bounds. He is now 40 pounds and almost 41 inches. Just a side... Ceithlinn stood on our scale a couple days ago and was 43 and a half pounds. She still has a few inches on Matthew, but not many.

As part of his physical Matthew got an iron test and 4, count them 4 immunizations. He didn't whimper or whine or anything really. He just looked at the nurse like "what are you doing?" He fussed a moment when she trapped his leg between hers, not because the shot hurt, but because he wasn't free to move. Then another moment of fussing when he stood up. Then he just rubbed his arms and was off to the treasure box. It is so nice to have one that doesn't scream and carry on. (Ceithlinn is my screamer. That is my "mother's curse" coming back to haunt me. We just had to drive within a couple blocks of the health buildings and I would start crying.)

No comments: