Thursday, March 12, 2009

The BEST DAY EVER!!

Two weeks ago Ceithlinn got off the school bus and announced, "This is the BEST DAY EVER!!" Now I hope I can describe the way she reacts sufficiently. First, there is the huge grin, then the feet start jumping, the voice getting really happy, excited and loud, the eyes get so wide they look like they may pop out of the head, the arms start flailing with excitement. She looks like she may just self destruct when she is this excited.

What made this THE BEST DAY EVER you may ask? Well, let me tell you. First, we went to the dentist... I know, you are thinking what is so great about that? While she was getting her teeth cleaned the dentist found her very first "lost" tooth! You and I know it as a loose tooth. She went back to school completely the happiest first grader in the whole wide world. She made the announcement to her class and there was much rejoicing in room 6.

The second thing that made Feb. 26th the BEST DAY EVER, was the great news that Ceithlinn's reading is on level 14. This means that her skills are good enough that she can read "CHAPTER BOOKS IN CLASS!!" This is a huge rite of passage for the kids. She was so excited about that great news!

The third thing that made it the BEST DAY EVER, was the new leotard, short outfit she got at gymnastics... the official terms is a biketard. It has black shorts on the bottom and hot pink on the top with silver swirls. It is such a beautiful biketard. We will get a picture and post it so you can see this beautiful piece of clothing.

I love the way a six year old can have BEST DAYS EVER!!! When was the last time you were that excited about things that happened in your day? I will have to think about it myself. I have some really good days, fun days, happy days but best days??? Hmmm. Honestly, seeing her pure elation made that day one of my BEST DAYS EVER, too.

Did I mention that it was the BEST DAY EVER!!!

No comments: