Thursday, January 24, 2013

Grateful Moments

 
I have been sitting here today filled with gratitude as I have thought over a few things that have occurred recently.

The first, is continued gratitude to Discount Tire for our new tires (yes, they are going to get a card and treat from us). This past week or so has been very cold, sunny and icy here. There have been many times where we would have slid on our old tires that I give a prayer of gratitude for the new one. A couple incidences this past Saturday. We were driving home from cleaning the church building. We turned right off of SR-410 toward Sumner-Buckley Hwy. On the corner there is an Applebee's and Target. A woman in a big SUV didn't come to a complete stop before exiting the parking lot. She was busy lighting a cigarette and forgot to look both ways. Josh slammed on the brakes... accident averted. Big sighs of relief. We made it onto Sumner-Buckley which is a bit winding and was icy. Josh turned on the blinker to let cars behind us know we would be turning left onto Angeline, a street perpendicular to S-B. We were at a full stop because we needed to wait for a car going the other direction to pass before we could complete the turn. All of the sudden Josh it the accelerator. Then I heard the truck behind us sliding on the ice as he hit his brakes. I can only guess he thought we were going to turn immediately or didn't see the blinker or something. Again, the tires grabbed the road... another accident averted. So grateful for our news tires.

Second, as we finished our ride home I thanked Josh for keeping us safe on the drive home. He said, you're welcome or something. Matthew said, "Of course, he keeped us safe. He's the dad and that's what they do." I am so grateful for an AMAZING husband who is such a great example of what it means to be a man, husband and father. My son is learning the lessons.

Third, last night we were discussing some fundraising options for Ceithlinn's trip this summer with People to People. The whole family was brainstorming ideas and getting really excited about the possibilities. A sweet moment came Matthew has an idea to build a monster truck course out of mashed potatoes. He would then charge people to ride. He said he would get a whole pile of money and then he said, "I would give it to Ceithlinn for her Alaska Adventure." She immediately looked over at him with a big grin, (I was sitting between them, or she probably would have hugged him) "Oh, thank you, Matthew! That is so kind!" So grateful for my children who are learning how to truly support and love each other. They really are two of the best kids in the ENTIRE world!! So grateful for the love they share with each other.

Fourth, I am grateful to a husband who works hard to provide for our family so I have time to be at home with my children.

Fifth, overwhelmed with gratitude for the great family and friends we have that are supporting our fundraising efforts. Every time we tell people what we are doing, the outpouring of love and positivity and resources in amazing.

JUST SO GRATEFUL TODAY!

No comments: