.jpg)
.jpg)
Once the kids get a little more comfortable it is time to skate a little away from the wall with parental support or closeness. Matthew doesn't like to hold hands when he skates. It slows him down and he can't escape to play arcade games as easily.
.jpg)
Matthew is skating by the race line. At some point in the evening they hold a contest by age to see who skates the fastest. Auburn Skate Connection also has a speed skating team that practice after the school is done. Matthew thought that he was in a race with every kid there and would actually strong arm and almost knock kids down if they tried to pass him. He is very competitive. It is a good thing I am fairly stable on skates and could catch the kids before they hit the floor. Once I figured out he thought skating was all about racing, I came up with our own race. Something like... let's see if we can make it to the line three times without falling or let's see if we can catch up with Dad and/or Sister. The strong arming ended at this point much the my relief.
I LOVE this picture of Ceithlinn. She is starting to get pretty fast and confident in her own abilities. It is so fun to be a part of this growth.
We all had so much fun skating and are looking forward to going again. Maybe I will remember to bring the camera.
We all had so much fun skating and are looking forward to going again. Maybe I will remember to bring the camera.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment