Father's Day
Josh had a pretty good Father's Day. Ceithlinn decided that he needed his own piggy bank so, with a old shoe box and construction paper made one. We taped a couple coins to the top of the Radio Theater "Chronicles of Narnia" and put them in the piggy bank.
We had borrowed these fantastic CDs from a friend a couple years back and really wanted them. So, when they dropped to about 75% off we bought them. We enjoy listening to them on long Sunday drives. Better than any portable DVD player. Ceithlinn gets so enthralled with these that she will ask us to drive a little longer so she can finish listening to the book. It will be great to read these together as a family and see how closely the Radio Theater followed the books.
(Josh with his new bank -- CDs on the computer desk)
Fourth of July
Fourth of July
We spent the afternoon with friends having a BBQ and swimming in their pool. That evening we went to their parent's house and watched as they lift off fireworks. The kids enjoyed playing with the sparklers and throwing the little popper things. I liked being away from crowds.
.jpg)
.jpg)
(Ceithlinn and friend Aiden) (Jeni helps Matthew hold onto the long sparkler)
Matthew's worst spill this summer
.jpg)
.jpg)
(Ceithlinn and friend Aiden) (Jeni helps Matthew hold onto the long sparkler)
Matthew's worst spill this summer
I always know Matthew is hitting a growth spurt when he falls down a lot and is a walking, talking bruise and owie. He was being watched by a nice couple while Josh, Ceithlinn and I were at play rehearsal. Apparently, he picked a fight with the sidewalk... guess who won. He was actually pretty proud of these. We really are lucky he hasn't had worse... knock on wood.
.jpg)
(Matthew's chin, eye and wrist... can you say ouch!?)
Birthday Fun
We had birthdays... my 34th and Ceithlinn's 7th. I woke up at about 5 in the morning with the flu so, spent most of my birthday curled up in bed trying to ignore my body. That said, Ceithlinn still insisted on cake and getting me red roses. She is very thoughtful. I was able to get out of bed for a short while and spend time with the family. I let Matthew blow the candles out on my cake... that's his favorite part and I didn't want to pass the flu.
Now that Ceithlinn is 7 she can say things like, "Mom, do you remember years ago when I was in 1st grade?" To which I usually respond "Yes, you mean last year?" She feels older and that is what is important.
She was given a fantastic gift, the Little House on the Prarie series. Last year she brought one of the books home from the school library. I told her that Laura Ingalls Wilder is a distant cousin. She then said she could not finish reading the book because she needed to have all of them. So, thank you Grandpa Dave and Grandma Jo Ann for the books. We are enjoying them as a family.
.jpg)
.jpg)
(Ceithlinn was so excited to see inside... reading the note to Laura's cousin [her], from Laura's cousin [Granpa Dave])
The Blue Angels
We, well the kids and I, spent part of a day watching the Blue Angelswith our friends, the Flannery's. This is an annual tradition that I have written about in depth before so will not do so now. We didn't stay as long as we usually do because we were hitting triple digits... this is unheard of for Washington, hottest summer on record and no air conditioning... We LOVE watching these jets. They are so impressive. Almost makes me want to be a pilot, almost.
(The jets getting ready to take off... Matthew watching the Blue Angels... Ceithlinn before they take off... the kids and Jeni after the Blue Angels had landed)
(This is just one of my favorite pictures of the kids goofing off and having a good time. They both wanted tobe in their robes and have pictures taken.)
Training for 60 mile walk!
I continue to train for my Breast Cancer 3 Day walk. This will be Sept. 11-13. I am getting a bit nervous. The reality of how many hours of walking that will entail is really starting to hit. 60 miles! in 3 days! I know once I get going things will be good. I really think I will look back at this with awe. I really feel like this experience will be an amazing experience in my life that I will look back on again and again.

Savior of the World
We have also been involved with the musical play "Savior of the World." This is one we have done before. Josh played a shepherd, Reuben in Act 1 and Cleopas, one of the disciples on the road to Emmaus in Act 2. I was asked to play Joanna, one of the women who Christ appears after his resurrection, about a week and a half before opening night. The thrill of being asked to play this role is I was able to be in a scene with Ceithlinn who played Rebekah. Ceithlinn was so thrilled to have a speaking role! She felt very important and did an amazing job!
(I will post pictures and more details soon.)
That's the nuts and bolts of our crazy summer. I know, you are all wondering, why didn't she go on and on? Well, honestly I have tons to do before my Yard Sale on Friday ... all proceeds to my walk and was just taking a little bit of a brain break. Maybe I will write a novel next time. :)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
You forgot about your anniversary. Happy Anniversary by the way. Did you do anything fun?
be sure you get socks recommendations from Blaine so you won't get blisters on our walk!
Your walk...YOUR walk...I can't go 100 feet, much less 60 miles!!
HAPPY ANIVERSERY!!!!!!!!!
we love you!
megan,christian,tiersa
Post a Comment